THIS COURSE IN DELIVERED IN AN ONLINE FORMAT- students will not come to the educational facility for this course.
Students are required to tour the educational facility either in-person or virtually. This gives applicants an opportunity to see and learn about the school’s equipment and facilities and to ask questions relating to the school’s curriculum and career objectives.
The following items are required to complete the enrollment process
- Applicants to be 18 years of age or older
- Application for Admission completed as registration on website
- Pre-enrollment checklist
- Enrollment Agreement
- Transfer of Credit disclosure
- Proof of current RDA licensure
Course Fee: $150.00
Once enrollment is complete and student has paid the course fee, they will be granted access to the course within 24 hours and will have 10 days to complete the course. The start date of the course is determined by the date that the student accesses the first course lesson or assignment.
Third Party Fees: $15 payable to the State of Tennessee should the student wish to have the certification added to their RDA license.
Number of Hours: 5
Students will view 9 multimedia presentations, take comprehension quizzes, view photos, watch an educational instructional video, read articles, complete learning activities, and pass a final exam to show mastery.
Students must pass each section quiz with a 100% to move forward in the course.
Students will be required to verify their identity each time they log on to a section.
Students may exit at any point and save their course until they reach the final exam. Once the final exam is opened, the student must complete this section in its entirety to obtain a final grade and completion for the course. Students are required to pass the final exam with a 75% to pass the course.
Please check our website under schedule/registration for the date that our course will be available.
Tuition Refund Policy (Cancellation and Refund Policy)
1.A student who at any time withdraws, is withdrawn (including expulsion) by the institution, or otherwise fails to attend class is entitled to a full refund of any fee, regardless of whether the fee is included in tuition, paid to the institution for tangible goods or services not delivered to or fully provided to the student.
2.In addition, if a student fails to begin class on the program start date as written in the enrollment agreement or as amended by the institution, the refund shall equal the sum of all refundable fees paid and, if the student has institutional loans, forgiveness of the amounts owed by the student, less an administrative fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00)
3. In addition, if after the program has commenced and before expiration of twenty percent (20%) or less of the period of enrollment for which the student was charged, a student withdraws, is withdrawn (including expulsion) by the institution, or otherwise fails to attend classes, the refund shall be a pro rata portion of refundable fees, less an administrative fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00). If applicable, the refund shall include forgiveness of institutional loans. For example, if a student’s last day of attendance equals ten percent (10%) of the period of enrollment for which the student was charged, the institution is entitled to retain only ten percent (10%) of the refundable fees charged for the period of enrollment as well as one hundred dollars ($100.00). However, in no instance will the institution be responsible for any refund in excess of the amount paid by or on behalf of the student for the period of enrollment for which the student was charged.
4. If after expiration of twenty percent (20%) of the period of enrollment for which the student was charged, a student withdraws, is withdrawn (including expulsion) by the institution, or otherwise fails to attend classes, the student may be deemed obligated for one hundred percent (100%) of the refundable fees charged by the institution up to the last period of enrollment charged.
5.For a student who cannot complete one (1) or more classes because the institution discontinued such a class during a period of enrollment for which the student was charged, the institution shall refund the sum of all refundable fees paid and, if the student has institutional loans, forgive the amounts owed by the student.
Last Day of Attendance:
When computing refunds pursuant to the above refund policy, the last day of attendance for the students who meets the definition of enrolled, shall either be (a) the recorded date of the students last day of attendance or (b) when applicable, the date the student failed to return from an approved leave of absence.
Objectives: At the completion of this course the students will be able to:
Upon completion of this online course, students will be able to:
- Understand and follow Tennessee laws pertaining to administration and monitoring of nitrous oxide
- Analyze the differences between physiological and psychological aspects of pain
- Characterize the function and structure of the respiratory system
- Characterize the function and structure of the cardiovascular system
- Name and understand the four stages of anesthesia
- Observe and comprehend the signs and symptoms of light, moderate, and deep analgesia
- Describe and understand the chemical and physical properties of nitrous oxide
- Classify the possible side effects of nitrous oxide analgesia
- Understand and determine signs that a patient is experiencing an adverse reaction to nitrous oxide
- Understand and recall the procedure of induction and termination of nitrous oxide
- Recognize potential risks of long-term exposure to nitrous oxide
- Describe and follow methods to reduce unnecessary exposure to nitrous oxide in a dental office setting
- Identify contraindications for nitrous oxide analgesia
- Identify and understand the functions of nitrous oxide monitoring equipment
- Educate patients regarding nitrous oxide administration
After successful completion of the course, students will receive a completion certificate and will have the submit an application with the Tennessee Board of Dentistry to have the certification added to their RDA license.