The class size shall be limited to eighteen (18) students, and the clinical instructor-to student ratio must be one (1) instructor it SIX (6) students (1:6) for the clinical portion of the course.
Students are required to tour the educational facility either in-person or virtually. This gives applicants an opportunity to see and learn about the school’s equipment and facilities and to ask questions relating to the school’s curriculum and career objectives.
The following items are required to complete the enrollment process
- Applicants to be 18 years of age or older
- Application for Admission completed as registration on website
- Pre-enrollment checklist
- Enrollment Agreement
- Transfer of Credit disclosure
- Proof of current RDA licensure
Course Fee: $295.00
Although students can apply and enroll in the course as soon as registration is open, students will not be invoiced for the course fee of $295 until 10 days prior to the course start date. The course start date is determined by the date the student receives their distance learning material from the school by email, which is 7 days prior to the in-person test and clinic/lab session.
Objectives: At the completion of this course the students will be able to:
- Pronounce, define, and spell key terms
- Difference between prophy and coronal polishing
- Indications and Contradictions of Coronal Polishing
- Extrinsic and Intrinsic stains
- Abrasives Polishing and agents
- Restoration care and precautions with fixed restorations
- Proper steps and Overview of Coronal Polishing
- Understanding the use of equipment and materials
- Education of Fluoride for patients
- Demonstrate Technique and safety precautions
- Rules and Regulations for coronal polishing
After successful completion of the course, the student will be given a certificate of completion and will have the opportunity to submit an application to the Board of Dentistry to have the certification added to their RDA license.
Number of Hours (14)
Demonstration: ½ hour
Tuition Refund Policy (Cancellation and Refund Policy)
1.A student who at any time withdraws, is withdrawn (including expulsion) by the institution, or otherwise fails to attend class is entitled to a full refund of any fee, regardless of whether the fee is included in tuition, paid to the institution for tangible goods or services not delivered to or fully provided to the student.
2.In addition, if a student fails to begin class on the program start date as written in the enrollment agreement or as amended by the institution, the refund shall equal the sum of all refundable fees paid and, if the student has institutional loans, forgiveness of the amounts owed by the student, less an administrative fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00)
3. In addition, if after the program has commenced and before expiration of twenty percent (20%) or less of the period of enrollment for which the student was charged, a student withdraws, is withdrawn (including expulsion) by the institution, or otherwise fails to attend classes, the refund shall be a pro rata portion of refundable fees, less an administrative fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00). If applicable, the refund shall include forgiveness of institutional loans. For example, if a student’s last day of attendance equals ten percent (10%) of the period of enrollment for which the student was charged, the institution is entitled to retain only ten percent (10%) of the refundable fees charged for the period of enrollment as well as one hundred dollars ($100.00). However, in no instance will the institution be responsible for any refund in excess of the amount paid by or on behalf of the student for the period of enrollment for which the student was charged.
4. If after expiration of twenty percent (20%) of the period of enrollment for which the student was charged, a student withdraws, is withdrawn (including expulsion) by the institution, or otherwise fails to attend classes, the student may be deemed obligated for one hundred percent (100%) of the refundable fees charged by the institution up to the last period of enrollment charged.
5.For a student who cannot complete one (1) or more classes because the institution discontinued such a class during a period of enrollment for which the student was charged, the institution shall refund the sum of all refundable fees paid and, if the student has institutional loans, forgive the amounts owed by the student.
Last Day of Attendance:
When computing refunds pursuant to the above refund policy, the last day of attendance for the students who meets the definition of enrolled, shall either be (a) the recorded date of the students last day of attendance or (b) when applicable, the date the student failed to return from an approved leave of absence.
Coronal Polishing Course Calendar: Please check our Registration and Schedule page for course dates/times offered. We will offer at least one course date each month.